Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] New protocol: Microsoft Media Server

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 00:09:08 +0100
Hi,

Please find attached dissectors for the control and data protocols (MMS)
used by Media Player.  They are based on information available from
http://sdp.ppona.com.  These  protocols run over TCP or UDP rather than the
HTTP or RTSP streams Media Player can also use.  They are pretty ugly
protocols - a mixture of little-endian binary fields and unicode strings
(and lots of not-understood fields don't seem to have stopped people
implementing successful clients).

This version is far from complete but I thought I'd submit this now as:
- it looks like the next release isn't that imminent now
- it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I can get back to this
- a couple of people have expressed interest in seeing support for MMS in
ethereal

Best regards,
Martin Mathieson