Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] My plugin worked with 0.10.10 but notwith0.10.11(Windows dll)

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:28:50 +0200
Ok Thanks all,  I'll recompile.

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           "Lars Ruoff"          |
|         |           <Lars.Ruoff@xxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           >                     |
|         |           Sent by:              |
|         |           ethereal-dev-bounces@e|
|         |           thereal.com           |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           21/06/2005 18:04      |
|         |           Please respond to     |
|         |           Ethereal development  |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  |       To:       "Ethereal development" <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                                           |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Ethereal-dev] My plugin worked with 0.10.10 but  notwith0.10.11(Windows dll)                            |

There is no fix other than recompiling your plugin for 0.10.11 (or going
back to Ethereal 0.10.10).

The problem is that your dissector is expecting a different layout of some
proto.h structure compared to what ethereal 0.10.11 is actually passing him
along.
so *ptr->p_id (or any other field of that sturcture) is now referencing
another part of memory from that structure.