Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] My plugin worked with 0.10.10 but not with0.10.11(Windows dll

From: "Oren Mazor" <oren.mazor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:30:32 -0400
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:25:08 -0400, Lars Ruoff <Lars.Ruoff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Indeed. I just updated to 11 on a production box and my dissector's
failing pretty valiantly on line 2767 of proto.c

DISSECTOR_ASSERT(*ptr->p_id == -1 || *ptr->p_id == 0)

just when i actually really needed it to work...

dont think that's very related to the problem at hand, no?

Yes, it is!

super! is there a [quick, or not so much] fix? other than hunting for a 0.10.10 rpm?

I'm trying to track down what's happening here, and what field is not -1 or 0 when it gets to that point...