Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Ethereal and Named Pipes on Unix

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:22:32 +0200
Javier Acu�a wrote:

>Hello Ulf
>
>I noticed that, in the ethereal mailing list, you said you were going to take a look at the Ethereal bug that prevents displaying data captured from a "named pipe" (FIFO) on Unix (although, as pointed out in the mailing list, it works OK with tethereal)
>
>Have you found the bug yet?
>
>I'm very very interested in getting this to work. I'll be happy to fix the appropriate source code. But since you're more proficient with Ethereal than me, maybe you could point me where to look.

Hi!

Well, sending to the list might be a good idea anyway, so others are
informed too...

Yes, I think the bug is be fixed in the latest developer versions. I've
tested it on my debian box and it seemed to work fine again.

If you notice any remaining problems, please inform the Dev list or post
a new bugzilla entry.

Regards, ULFL