Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Question : writing desegmented PDU in pcap

From: Pierre JUHEN <pierre.juhen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 21:38:43 +0200
I need to have an option that allows tethereal to write desegmented PDU
in pcap format (in fact pseudo pcap, since the objective is to have PDU starting
on a packet boundary)

The objective is to have tethereal running as a probe, filtering events on remote
site, and sending them on an ethereal "workstation".

Events can occur as PDU in proprietary protocol above TCP.

PDU dont necessary start on a packet boundary.

My question is :

Should I develop this option as a sub-option of the -T option, or
as a standalone option ?

Thank you for your recommendation.

Regards,

Pierre Juhen