Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Help With Plug-in Dissector

From: Sahil Kumar <Sahil.Kumar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 14:24:12 -0500
Thank you so much Gilbert! :-)
I'll get going on this now.
Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Sahil

-----Original Message-----
From: ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gilbert Ramirez
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 3:22 PM
To: Ethereal development
Subject: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Help With Plug-in Dissector

Your dissector needs to register itself to the "ethertype" dissector
call. Look at how packet-ipx.c does it:

    ipx_handle = find_dissector("ipx");
    dissector_add("ethertype", ETHERTYPE_IPX, ipx_handle);

In this case, ETHERTYPE_IPX is defined as 0x8137 in etypes.h in the
top-level directory of the Ethereal source code.

--gilbert