Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] make-version.pl breaks w/ non-english locales

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:42:02 -0500
Thomas Anders wrote:

> I think we should either replace "svn info" with something better (thus
> also eliminating the dependency on a command-line svn client) or at
> least force the perl script to use an appropriate locale (trivial fix).

I'd vote for the former, since we wouldn't have to deal with Cygwin
moving the svn executable around.  According to

    http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch08s03.html#svn-ch-8-sect-3.1
and
    http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch08s03.html#svn-ch-8-sect-3.1

we should be able to parse .svn/entries and look for the <entry /> tag
matching the top-level directory.  It looks like the format has changed
in previous releases, however.  In particular it looks like the "name"
attribute designating the top-level directory changed from
"svn:this_dir" to "".