Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] New asn.1 based TCAP dissector.

From: "Tim" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:21:09 +0100
You make need this diff also.

-----Original Message-----
From: ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ethereal-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim
Sent: 05 June 2005 22:17
To: 'Ethereal development'
Subject: [Ethereal-dev] New asn.1 based TCAP dissector.

I have been working on and off on this for a while and I think its ready
to be set free.

I have had to make some changes to packet-ber to allow for PRIVATE and
APPLICATION tags.

The EXTERNAL implementation is a little messy but it works, there is
also a MAJOR work-around for SET OF constructor that seems not to be
supported in ANSI.

Both ANSI and ITU variants supported without configuration.

Asn.1 dissectors can now register using an OID value as well as an SSN,
the oid it tried first.

Patches
ber.diff - patch to packer-ber.c
Gsmmap.diff - patch to gsmmap to use the oid method before the ssn
dissector. Tcap.tar.gz - the asn.1 based tcap source.

The work I will continue on will include.

Attempt to get the packet-ber dissectors and the built source to
correctly pass indefinite length through a choice. Change the camel, and
inap dissectors to support the OID dissector hook. Fix the rest of the
possible indefinite length encoding problems in the tcap dissector.

Tim