Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] DNP3 Dissector Additions

From: Chris Bontje <chrisbontje@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 20:01:46 -0600
All,

I have recently been tinkering w/ the DNP3 dissector included in the latest public source release of Ethereal.

I've successfully added in Application Layer Decoding support for several objects and am planning on adding a mostly complete library.  So far I have added in some of the most common object variations for Binary Inputs, Outputs, Analog Inputs (16-bit & 32-bit) and Binary Counters.

I have several Ethereal captures from various SCADA networks w/ DNP3 traffic and have been punishment-testing my work to the best of my abilities...  so far so good!

When I'm satisified w/ my code, I'll be certain to post my changes to the source tree so that they can (hopefully) be included in the official release.

Here's hoping my intermediate-level coding is clean enough to make it into an excellent project like Ethereal!

Regards,

Chris Bontje
Calgary, Alberta, Canada