Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How to trace Ethereal on WinXP usingMSVC++?

From: Andreas Sikkema <h323@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:42:01 +0200
On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 19:23, Ivanov Anton wrote:
> Greg Morris wrote:
>
>         If you are looking to build Ethereal from within the Visual
>         Studio GUI then I am not going to be much help to you. The
>         only way I know of building Ethereal is through the command
>         line interface.

If I remember correctly you create a project file and add "nmake -f..."
as a special build step.

Adding source files to the project is a major taks and keeping it up to
date was a major problem a few years ago, I assume it's an even bigger
task nowadays. Just don't bother.

Debugging is not a big problem without a project without the bells and
whistles. You'll live with it ;-)

--
Andreas Sikkema <h323@xxxxxxxxxx>