Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] rev13869: /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:18:31 -0800
Olivier Biot (Ethereal) wrote:
From: Guy Harris

I've removed the DISSECTOR_ASSERT() calls in the WSP dissector - the checks you inserted will catch null pointers passed to "proto_tree_add_string()".

Ths patch basically backed out the previous 2 patches and nuked the g_assert() calls which were needless (something I was not aware of at the time of writing that code).

My change backed out the DISSECTOR_ASSERT() calls, but not Ulf's change - Ulf's change (to check the value of "ok") was the one that fixed the crash.