Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] A build error, menus with no text

From: ilker <ilkerdeligoz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:59:17 +0200
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:45:52 +0100, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:
> ilker wrote:
>
> >I will re-compile everything (toooooo long work :P ), but before
> >here is a screenshot
> >

> Hmmm, I'm developing the Ethereal user interface for quite some time now
> (over a year right now).
>
> I've *never* saw anything like this before!!!
>
> You got my number one vote for the strangest Ethereal bug this year ;-)
 Thanks ;)

> IMHO, this has to do something with the environment you're working with.
 I also think so
 I am working on windows 2000, msvc++6 sp6
 cygwin installed (perl - sed - grep)
 i downloaded all modules from anonsvn trunk
 i arranged the environment variables  (use gnu grep not borland, use
ms link not gnu etc)
 i have flex - bison  - python,  i got the latest svn etc etc etc

 i have no error messages but i think the problem may occur because of
pango stuff ?

 i also have pango packages,
 C:\ethereal-win32-libs\gtk2\include\pango-1.0 and
 C:\ethereal-win32-libs\gtk2\lib\pango
 directories
 i disabled gtk+, just building with gtk2

 is there any mistake ?

 thanks a lot