Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] beginner- help needed...

From: nimalan s <nimsiva@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:10:54 -0800 (PST)
Hi guys,
I have created a protocol dissector say "X" on top of
udp.It is referenced by a port number.It works
fine.Now I want to create a new dissector on top of
"X" and this doesnot have a port number.I want this
dissector to handle the payload part of "X" so that it
can be further dissected into its own header and data
fields.I really dont know how to do it as the new
protocol doesnot have a port number.
I found a particular case on X, only for which the new
protocol will be appended.Could anyone tell me how I
can call the new dissector based on this particular
case.
2.should  my new dissector  also be registered the
same way I did for X.
3.If there is any dissecto which has already been
developed and referenced without any port number,do
suggest me that too.
Thankyou in advance,
Nimalan.