Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Adding my own protocol dissector (is that possible??)

From: "bunty " <bunty123_4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Mar 2005 10:34:01 -0000

  hello,
          I want to add my new protocol in between Ethernet Layer and IP layer. I am confused while reading ethereal code. I am doing modifications on linux platform. its very urgent for me to modify it. Is there anybody who can atleast tell me in which file i have to modify sourcecode to allow ethereal to display my new protocol packets. These packets have their own ETHERNET ids. that mean ethereal can analyze normal IP packets
ETH header + IP header + TCP/UDP header + payload
as well as my own protocol packets
ETH header + MY Header + IP hader +TCP/UDP header + payload

Please help to modify that.
regards,
bunty.