Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] GSM MAP: register for range of SSNs

From: "Jacques, Olivier (OCBU-Test Infra)" <olivier.jacques@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:25:57 +0100
> Perhaps only two ssn number are realy needed for any particular trace?
> I suppose all dissectors based on ssn should be made the same
> in this respect?

Having a range is the only viable solution in the long term. You can
have both contiguous and non-contiguous SSNs (1-20,30-40).
So I think the patch should be checked-in.

And yes, the SSN can vary, depending of the applications hosted by the
SEPs.

The only SSN assignation I'm aware of is the following:
- 5: Mobile Application Part (MAP)
- 6: Home Location Register (HLR)
- 7: Visitor Location Register (VLR)
- 8: Mobile Switching Center (MSC)
- 9: Equipment Identification Register (EIR) (reserved)
- 10: Authentication Center (AC)

Olivier.