Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] GSM MAP: register for range of SSNs

From: "Anders Broman (AL/EAB)" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:51:16 +0100
Hi,
I put that preference there as I received a trace where the ssn was outside of the range predefined in the
previous dissector, my reasoning for making it individual ones rather than a range was that I though
the ssn:s used could be "any" rather than a range, I haven't found any documentation giving certain applications
fixed ssn numbers. Is there sutch a document or any convention used?
( GSM-MAP, INAP, CCBS ....)
or is it totally up to the administration?
Perhaps only two ssn number are realy needed for any particular trace?
I suppose all dissectors based on ssn should be made the same in this respect?
Best regards
Anders