Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Query

From: "kamal Bhattad" <kamal00715@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Mar 2005 06:22:10 -0000

Hi,

  I am using ethereal for SNMPv3 Packets analyzer.

  I wanted to support encryption. Though i set the Encryption Flag on and didn't performed encryption on PDU at initial stage because i do-not know Engine-ID of agent to perform encryption. i am getting an error

ERROR : Couldn't Parse Encrypted Pdu Header; Wrong Type for that item

  What does it mean, as i feel there is no error in construction of pdu. Could u please elaborate What should be Flag setting when supporting encryption in performing simple GET request.

1. While Discovering engine ID
2. While Discovering Engine Boot and time
3. While sending actual pdu with Auth And Encrypetin.

  Hope to see Reply as soon as possible.

Thank's and Regard's
  Kamal