Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] nettl (HP-UX) file handling

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:20:06 -0800
Sid Sid wrote:

if I was trying to load the nettl file and had a packet with an unsupported network type I've got the message "The cupture file has a packet with a network type that Ethereal doesn't support.
(nettl:subsystem 123 unknown or unsupported)"
then process finished.
Will it not be better just add something looks like "unsupported subsystem" to the packet windows or packet details window and go feather ?

In that case, it'd have to choose WTAP_ENCAP_PER_PACKET as the encapsulation type, as it couldn't map an unknown subsystem type to any known WTAP_ENCAP_ value.