Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 0.10.10 next week?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:22:15 -0800
ronnie sahlberg wrote:
why not call it 1.0

Because I don't want somebody to complain when I change the way strings are handled so that we can cope with strings in messages being in various character sets?

Calling it 1.0 is fine, I guess, as long aa the internal API for dissectors, etc. can still change without people having any chance to complain that their old plugins no longer work. (Yes, I know, some people are *already* hoping to build plugins that work with multiple releases.)