Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] VoIP calls analysis and text2pcap

From: "Francisco Alcoba (TS/EEM)" <francisco.alcoba@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:27:15 +0100
Hi,

The problem with using Signalling Point Codes as node identities is that you lose information
on IP level. If you had the following setup:

   MTP3 speaker ------------- Router ---------------- MTP3 speaker

the graph would be confusing. Of course it is also confusing in your case, but it seems somehow
less usual. Maybe implementing both options would be useful; however, this is not trivial,
because as far as I remember -I don't have my PC right now- SPCs are not among the addresses
supported by ethereal as such. I'll have a look at it.

Regards,

  Francisco