Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] New dissector: RDT (as used by RealPlayer)

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:32:34 -0000
Hi,

Please find attached a basic dissector for this protocol, plus a patch to
packet-rtsp.c to set up these conversations.

RDT is a proprietry protocol, I've based this on a couple of descriptions of
attempts to reverse-engineer it I found (neither of them seemed quite right,
I only dissected as far as looked OK with what I could capture here).  This
was mostly written:
- to avoid the "rtsp: unknown transport" console warnings
- to avoid seeing lots of packets not decoded past UDP
- so that I can filter these packets out

Regards,
Martin