Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Streamed MPEG2 TS dissector

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:55:39 +0100
Hi,
I think the first step would be to "clean up" the MPEG2 TS dissector as
outlined in at least

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200412/msg00058.html
http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200412/msg00044.html

to get it accepted into Ethereal the next step would be to solve how to
"inform" the RTP
dissector of the dynamic payload type used for an RTP stream (conversation)
which would be
interesting for VoIP calls as well. As an intermediate step the same method
could be used
as in the AMR dissector.

Best regards
Anders

>Hi Alex,
>I think MPEG2 is a dynamic payload type when using RTP, if so you need to
know who negotiated that >payload. Usually is SDP for MGCP/SIP and H245 for
H323. If this is the case, you can take a look on >how T38 fax was
implemented.
>Regards
>Alejandro
>
>>Alex wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Is there any ongoing effort on a RTP/UDP/HTTP streamed MPEG2 TS dissector?
>>
>>I have found a patch for a MPEG2 TS dissector, but this only works when a
MPEG2 TS file is loaded. >>Ideally the RTP dissector should expand the
payload using the MPEG2 TS dissector.

>>Any idea of the difficulty of this task?
>>Thanks,
<>Alex