Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to packet-bacapp.c

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:06:07 +1100
hi

1,
can you refactor your patch to not use  long and %ld format strings
since this type will differ between platforms.

see README.developer for instructions on what types and format strings to use.

2,
dont reference the fields inside tvb directly (   tvb->length  ,   use
tvb_length(tvb) instead )

3,
why do you pass a pointer to offset to all routines,     it is more
common in ehtereal to pass
offset as a normal parameter and then return the new alue for offset.
maintenance of the dissector will be much easier if it follows the
style of the other dissectors.

can you consider implementing these changes above to the bacapp dissector?