Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New welcome pane

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:15:06 +0100
Graeme Hewson wrote:

Ulf Lamping wrote:

Could the welcome be in a popup?

I don't see any benefit of this, but you might explain the difference.

It's a matter of aesthetics. It looks ugly to me to have a widget with just two buttons taking up all that room on the desktop. (I have a fairly large default window size in Ethereal.)

Me too, I'm using 1400*1024 on a laptop, which is looking somewhat ugly right now, yes.

As I said before, if noone really complains about the general way of this pane, the design *has* to be improved (it was about an hour hacking to bring up the pane and yes it's still a hack).

The current design isn't what I want to keep, it was only a way to show the idea.

Regards, ULFL