Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] linking to global function

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 22:53:56 +0100
Lars Ruoff wrote:

What must i do to add a global function to one of the gtk-tap modules?
I declared the function "extern" in the header file and defined it in
rtp_analysis.c .
But i constantly get an "undefined external" linker error for the function
when i try to call it from say rtp_streams.c .
Have to add it somewhere else???
Compiling with MSVC6 on Win32.
Thanks,
Lars Ruoff

Is the function you want to use declared static? In that case the linker won't "see" that symbol.

Regards, ULFL