Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Dissectors are matched according to their SOURCE port?!

From: Yaniv Kaul <ykaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:47:35 +0200
I've got a traffic capture which is from SOURCE port 1080 to DESTINATION 12322, and it is dissected (wrongly) by the SOCKS dissector.
The SOCKS dissector definition is:
dissector_add("tcp.port", TCP_PORT_SOCKS, socks_handle);
where TCP_PORT_SOCKS is:
#define TCP_PORT_SOCKS 1080

I was always under the impression that the destination port matters, not the source.
Any ideas how to cleanly prevent this?