Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Few more RADIUS Attributes as filterable fields

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:58:57 -0800
LEGO wrote:

I personally believe that It's about time to make the generation of
the hf array "automatic" and that most attributes should be taken out
of the dissector into a Dictionary file (we could use that of
FreeRadius) that way:

1) the radius dissector would become a smaller more manageable piece
of code (I believe 5000 lines of code are way too much for such a
simple protocol).

and

2) would allow users to add attributes (using their vendor's private
radius dictionaries) on their own without having to modify the code.

Yes, as per the comment I put in before the "radius_service_type_vals[]" table. We might use a variant of FreeRadius format, with an additional item in each entry giving the field name, unless that name is also generated automatically, e.g. by lower-casing all letters in the name, and replacing hyphens with underscores.