Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Bug in capture menu

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:05:46 +0100
Thomas Boehne wrote:

When I click on Capture->Start and enter an invalid capture filter, an
error message is displayed. (so far everything is OK).
No, not *everything* was ok, as the capture filter was invalid ;-)))

Ok, ok, becoming serious again...

But now the Capture->Start item is greyed out, and clicking on
Capture->Stop seems to do nothing. I have to restart ethereal to
continue.
Checked in a fix for this.

This was caused, as the cf_cb_live_capture_started event was called too early. This way the cleanup, if an invalid filter was specified, wasn't done enough, putting the main window into an invalid state.

I've introduced a new event cf_cb_live_capture_prepare which it triggered to do only what has to be done simply changing the main windows title, but nothing more.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: I'm glad to fix a bug caused by Guy, although the cause/fix ratio is about 200/1 against me, as he had fixed *a lot more* of my bugs than I did the other way round :-)