Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] BUTC and framework for autogenerating dcerpc dissectors

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:04:47 +1100
I have checked in  under trunk/epan/dissectors/dcerpc   an  idl-lite
compiler and
in the butc subdirectory  the files required to automatically generate
a DCERPC dissector.

Note that the idl file is very modified    though all modifications are
very simple, and obviously correct.

lets call this syntax   idl-lite

idl2eth is an idl-lite to ethereal compiler.

it is very very easy to write an idl-lite compiler
it is very very difficult to write a full idl compiler
it is trivial to massage virtually any idl file into idl-lite syntax

i dont think having it in ../dissectors/dcerpc/  is completely great.
anyone with a better place to put these files (since a lot of them
will follow soon)
please tell me where to move them.

as for now  it is for testing and playing with by the (quite many)
people that are interested in automatic idl to eth .

NOTE:   i will not be totally happy with attempts trying to make
idl2eth into a full blown idl compiler and thus maotking it very
complex.
idl2eth is idl-lite NOT full idl.