Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Support for building under Visual Studio 2k3

From: "RABRET Laurent RD-MAPS-ISS" <laurent.rabret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:33:16 +0100
Yes, ZLIB is the only external library you have to recompile. I've also
installed VS .NET 2k3 at work and succeed in compiling and using
ethereal with this release. However, I do use msvcr7x.dll. Maybe the
problem you encounter concerns a mismatch regarding important libraries.
You might have a look on this message I sent 18 months ago. It helped
some folks resolving this issue.

http://ethereal.secuwiz.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200309/msg00639.html

... I recall a "bad" release of zlib tends to indicate problems in
GTK/GLIB.
Good luck!
Laurent