Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] new interface

From: Andreas Becker <andreas.becker@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:22:50 +0200
Hi All,

we are planing, to develop an new Protocol-Standard, called IP over I²C.
I²C, the Inter-IC bus, developed by Philips.

For this standard, we think about to extend Etherreal to this new medium.

For the capturing we are bulding an Trace-Box, which provides the sampling
of I²C- Frames and sends them via Ethernet/UDP to an Linux Host.

What schould we do to get thinks working like this?
How difficult is it to change the libpcap? Is it better to use wiretap?

How difficult is it to implement an new Protocol like I²C-ARP to Etherreal?

Is there an conceptional error in my mind? (Better use an direct Linux- I²C
Driver?)

I hope, somebody knows, I'm talking about.

The I²C-Project schould start in Summer next year (2005), so we have some
time, but not to much!

--
Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Becker
Entwicklung