Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Unresolved extern __HUGE when linking to an ethereal library

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:21:52 +0200
jscott wrote:

I have a version of the ethereal code which compiles to a static library undeer MSVC7. When I try to link this with an application, I get the error:

ethereal_d.lib(ftype-double.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __HUGE

Looking at the file ftype-double.c, the only reference to HUGE is in the line:

          else if (fv->value.floating == HUGE_VAL) {

              logfunc("\"%s\" causes floating-point overflow.", s);

Jim Scott

I don't know about the specific HUGE problem.

But it's known that Ethereal won't compile on MSVC7 for conflicting MSVCRT.DLL reasons.

Regards, ULFL