Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Windows Unicode build

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:19:15 -0700
jscott wrote:
  Is it possible to build the ethereal source using MSVC with the UNICODE
setting?

I don't think anybody's tried it.

What are you expecting to get from doing that? Note that, for example, we do *NOT* use native Win32 APIs to access files - we use the "standard I/O library" routines, such as "fopen()" - and we do *NOT* use native Win32 APIs for the GUI - we use GTK+.