Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] dissector registration question

From: Filonenko Alexander-AAF013 <AAF013@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:11:33 -0500
Title: Message
I have a protocol stack to decode that includes a framing protocol on top of TCP. Different application protocols reside on top of the framing protocol.
Application protocols are tied to the well known TCP ports. The protocol stack looks like the following:

Ethernet
IP
TCP (port)
framing protocol
one of application protocols

Starndard API allows to tie upper layer protocol to the immediate lower layer protocol by calling

I can use this function to tie the framing protocol to a TCP port. Again the framing protocol itself does not have a field identifying application protocol.

My question is - how to link dissector of an application protocol to the framing protocol dissector by TCP port number.

Thank you,
Alex Filonenko