Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] proto.c: line 2469: assertion failed

From: Liu Chunfang-CCL083 <ChunfangLiu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:48:31 -0500
Title: Message
All,

I have a plugin dissector developed on ethereal-0.9.12. I can also use this plugin on ethereal-0.9.15. Now I download ethereal-0.10.6 on my computer. When I run ethereal, I get

**ERROR **:proto.c: line 2469: assertion failed:(*ptr->p_id== -1 || *ptr->p_id == 0) aborting ...

It took me two days to debug this issue. But I still cannot find the problem.

Does anyone know why add this line assert in proto.c? Why my plugin failed on this assertion?

Thanks,
Chunfang