Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problem linking plugin in Win32

From: Thomas Boehne <TBoehne@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:49:18 +0200
On Friday 17 September 2004 16:38, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Thomas Boehne wrote:
> >I could not compile the source (even without my plugin) without
> >Cygwin. But the documentation suggested that there is a way to compile
> >without Cygwin. (The problem may have occurred because I compiled the
> >source on Linux first, then moved it to Windows and ran cleanbld.)
>
> What do you mean by "without cygwin"? Do you mean a specific place in
> the document?

First of all, the automated library download requires cygwin (bash,
wget, unzip, ...). However, that could be done manually.

> It should be possible to compile without cygwin, but yes, it's not well
> documented.
>
> What exact problem (which messages) did you get when doing this?

Compiling a plain vanilla 0.10.6 source code without cygwin fails
immediately. The all: target in Makefile.nmake requires config.h, and
the config.h: target requires sed.

Or am I missing something?

Greetings,
Thomas Boehne

--
Jäger Computergesteuerte Messtechnik GmbH
Thomas Boehne