Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] MEGACO plugin seriously flawed?

From: Ariel Burbaickij <ariel.burbaickij@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:56:44 +0200
Hello dear mailing list participants,

following code exceprt from MEGACO plugin:
  /*
     * Check to see whether we're really dealing with MEGACO by looking
     * for the MEGACO string.  This needs to be improved when supporting
     * binary encodings.
     */
    if(!tvb_get_nstringz0(tvb,0,6,word)) return;
    if (strncasecmp(word, "MEGACO", 6) != 0) return;

This is incorrect as was found out today. IIUC what is going one this code
omits the possbility of TPKT header between TCP and MEGACO which
is reuqired as per RFC 3015 Addendum D. TPKT (RFC 1006) caters for message
segmentation. So either documentation needs to be updated stating
that MEGACO works only with SCTP where there is no such thing
as message segmentation or code needs to be corrected. Would
be glad to hear your opinion.

With Best Regards
Ariel Burbaickij