Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] "Save As" problem

From: Thomas Anders <thomas.anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:12:10 +0200
Ulf Lamping wrote:
To be honest, unfortunately this seems to be a problem in the GTK 1.2 libs,

Sure? I can fully (always!) reproduce the problem with 0.10.6 on Debian Woody
with GTK2 (libgtk2.0-0 2.0.2-5woody1) running *remotely*:

foo# ethereal -v
ethereal 0.10.6
Compiled with GTK+ 2.0.2, with GLib 2.0.1, with libpcap 0.6, with libz 1.1.4,
with libpcre 3.4, with Net-SNMP 5.1.2, with ADNS.

Running with libpcap (version unknown) on Linux 2.4.25-p4-srv.
foo# ethereal file.pcap
<Do "File->Save As", type a file name and click OK>
The program 'ethereal' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 44811 error_code 3 request_code 15 minor_code 0)
foo#

Interestingly, the output file gets written completely before the crash.

OTOH, Ethereal 0.10.6 running *locally* on my SuSE 9.0 box does *not* exhibit
this annoying bug. Version numbers:

bar# ethereal -v
ethereal 0.10.6
Compiled with GTK+ 2.2.3, with GLib 2.2.3, with libpcap 0.7.2, with libz 1.1.4,
with libpcre 4.4, with Net-SNMP 5.0.9, without ADNS.

Running with libpcap (version unknown) on Linux 2.4.21-243-default.
bar#

If you need more information, please let me know.

+Thomas