Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Put the win32 library zip files into a new repository on the svn

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:21:40 +0200
Hi List!

While writing the developer doc about the automated library download (the "setup" target), I question myself some question:

-why do we have two ways of updating files?
-how do we do versioning of the libraries, as we might want to get old versions of the libraries (e.g. old releases) and be sure you got the right ones -how do we update the libraries, if they have the same version number than before an update, as this sometimes happens :-(

So this comes to the question:
why don't we put that files into a seperate ethereal-win32-libs svn repository?

We could put a Makefile.nmake into it, doing the complete install, and won't having any trouble with wget (e.g. behind a proxy) ...

If someone cannot access the SVN server, he/she still can access the web interface of svn.

If we want to do that, still some questions remain:
-put simply the library zip's (as today) or all of the unzipped files on the svn server (more work when updating the libraries)
-how to "layout" the files on the svn server?

Any comments?

Regards, ULFL