Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Remote Sniffing

From: "Gilad Benjamini" <yaelgilad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:43:53 +0000
Hi,
I have Linux running on an embedded device,
on which I would like to sniff traffic. Rather than
compiling a full-blown Ethereal, I would rather
capture that data and send it to another PC (probably
though some UDP socket). The other PC would listen
to this socket and would interpet the packets as
if they were being directly sniffed.

Doesn't look like to much work on the PC side.
Question is: any chance someone did anything like
this in the past ?

TIA