Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Core dump when saving one packet in 0.10.6

From: "packet steve" <packetsteve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 21:03:36 -0400

Between 0.10.4 and 0.10.5 numerous GUI changes were made.
One of the changes caused the following sequence
	File -> Save As -> specify output file -> OK
to terminate ethereal.  No core dump though.

Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

This was with GTK1, GTK2 also terminates.

Undoing one of the changes in file_dlg.c

void
file_save_as_destroy(void)
{
 if (file_save_as_w)
/*    window_destroy(file_save_as_w);  change introduced in 0.10.5 */
     gtk_widget_destroy(file_save_as_w);  /* Code from 0.10.4*/
}

makes the problem go away.   This is guesswork, likely not a correct fix.