Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Bug report: crash in packet-dcerpc-ndr.c

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:50:36 +0200
IMHO the private_data portion should not be a void * but instead it
should contain a reference to the protocol that set the private_data
structure, together with the protocol-specific private data. Maybe we
should envisage a linked list or hash with the protocol handle and the
protocol data as members? That'd be much safer than the "don't use
private_data unless you're 100% acquainted with what could happen".

Best regards,

Olivier