Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Check for heimdal fails due to sed call

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 14:56:38 -0700
Mårten Svantesson wrote:

Many versions of sed don't support the 'i' flag (case insensitive).
For example older GNU sed and Solaris sed. In the acinclude.m4 this
flag is used a couple of times in the check for kerberos/heimdal. As
far as I can see there is no need to use it

I.e., in *all* versions of Heimdal, either

1) the line in krb5.h that has the flavor of Kerberos implementation in it says just "heimdal"

or

	2) the krb5-config script, when run with --version, prints "heimdal"?

I.e., you never get "Heimdal" or "HEIMDAL" or anything such as that?

If not, a case-insensitive match *is* needed, but you can do that with "[Hh][Ee][Ii][Mm][Dd][Aa][Ll]".