Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Desegmentation atop TCP problem / TCP reassembly and desegmen

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:12:16 +1000
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:16:34 -0500, Jeff Foster wrote:

> I looked at tcp_dissect_pdus and even tried implimenting with it. But since I
> don't know the PDU size, because of the null terminated strings, I couldn't
> come up with a good method to determine the length of the PDU without reading
> the entire PDU.  As such the tcp_dissect_pdus doesn't seem to fit very well.
> I thought it was easier to just dissect the PDU and use the pinfo->desegment...
> method.

Your particular protocol might be in the (hopefully) very small subset
of protocols running atop TCP where there is no easy to use header
information available to determine the full length of the pdu.

In that case, you will have to continue implementing the
desegmentation stuff manually by accessing the prinfo-> variables as
you are already doing.