Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Adding custom window title to Ethereal

From: "Preston, Gabriel" <GPreston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:23:45 -0400
Hey everyone.  A new client of mine uses Ethereal, and posted a while back
about having a new option added to the Ethereal program to allow custom
titles to be passed to Ethereal from the command line.  His original post to
the mailing list is here:

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200310/msg00070.html

They currently use Ethereal 0.10.3, so I modified that branch of the source
code to allow this.  Now, I admit that its not the most efficient method of
doing it, nor does it use an opt flag that makes sense, but they asked that
it be contributed to the Ethereal developers in case one of them wanted to
take it and clean it up a bit and add it into the future releases of the
program.

I have attached the patches for the appropriate files:

/file.c
/gtk/main.c
/gtk/ui_util.c

I look forward to hearing all criticism and comments.  As a programmer, I
would like to make this as efficient and clean as possible.

Sincerely,

Gabriel D. Preston