Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] SHA-1 needed by SigComp

From: Thomas Anders <thomas.anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:26:09 +0200
Anders Broman (AL/EAB) wrote:
Currently we do not have a SHA-1 function in Ethereal, is any one interested in helping out to provide one ?

Instead of duplicating individual crypto algorithms in Ethereal, I'd vote for
finally chosing a full-featured crypto library to work with, enabling us to add
crypto support to Ethereal all over the place.

Devin summarized the various alternatives (libnss3, Gnutls, Nettle, libgcrypt)
back in June:

  http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200406/msg00072.html

Time to finally choose one? We may even support multiple of these libraries
by writing our own wrappers around them (provided that configure adds the
necessary #define's). [This could even bring OpenSSL back into the game for
those who choose --with-ssl.]

+Thomas