Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] Rev 11787: /trunk/: Ethereal.desktop

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:03:29 -0700
Guy Harris wrote:

(Note: anybody using Subversion on a case-insensitive file system - which is a superset of the people using it on Windows; my main UN*X box has a case-insensitive file system, namely non-case-insensitive HFS+ - might have to handle this change by doing

    svn update Ethereal.desktop

to remove Ethereal.desktop, followed by

    svn update ethereal.desktop

to get ethereal.desktop - and they might have to repeat that command. Otherwise, Subversion seems to get confused.)

That wasn't good enough - it was still confused. I ended up doing an "svn diff" to get the changes I had in the tree, checking out a new tree, and applying the resulting patch to it.