Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] Rev 11787: /trunk/: Ethereal.desktop

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:53:00 -0700
Joerg Mayer wrote:

...as all distros where I have access to running systems use ethereal.desktop
instead of Ethereal.desktop. Shouldn't the Name entry decide the displayed
spelling in the menus?

That appears to be the case on the KDE 3.0 desktop on my FreeBSD 4.6 machine; it might be that the KDE 1.x on my FreeBSD 3.4 machine based it on the name of the desktop file rather than the Name entry.

(Note: anybody using Subversion on a case-insensitive file system - which is a superset of the people using it on Windows; my main UN*X box has a case-insensitive file system, namely non-case-insensitive HFS+ - might have to handle this change by doing

	svn update Ethereal.desktop

to remove Ethereal.desktop, followed by

	svn update ethereal.desktop

to get ethereal.desktop - and they might have to repeat that command. Otherwise, Subversion seems to get confused.)