Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How to make ethereal decode or parse some options of DHCPv6 t

From: Thomas Anders <thomas.anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:20:33 +0200
O.L.N.Rao wrote:
DHCPv6 options are my major concern. Currently, DNS Server List is ONLY having Option Type allocated from IANA. But, there are some options which are very much similar to DNS Server List option, such as:
        NBNS Server List
        NIS Server List
        NIS+ Server List
        SNTP Server List
    Whose option types are not yet alloted by IANA.
Can you please guide me to configure ethereal for the option types and their formats, so that it can decode and display.

Get latest epan/dissectors/packet-dhcpv6.c from SVN
(http://anonsvn.ethereal.com/viewcvs/viewcvs.py/trunk/epan/dissectors/packet-dhcpv6.c?rev=11756)

You'll need to modify source code to make ethereal decode those options.
If you're new to this, read doc/README.developer first
(http://anonsvn.ethereal.com/viewcvs/viewcvs.py/trunk/doc/README.developer?rev=11779)

+Thomas