Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Change the User's Guide license from GFDL to GPL?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:48:27 +0200
Richard Sharpe wrote:

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Ulf Lamping wrote:

Hi List!

As the GFDL has some problems being seen as not really a free license
(e.g. by the Debian project see's it that way, as far as I understand
it), I'm thinking about changing the license of the User's Guide from
GFDL to GPL.

Any of the former authors of the User's Guide having any objections for
or against changing the license?

Or is the license intentionally used for some reason I just don't see?

If you are one of the former authors of the User's Guide, please give
response in any case, if it's ok for you or not, as I need an ok from
any former author about this change.

I don't have a problem with that. I think I chose the GFDL as it seemed
more appropriate, somehow, to documentation.
Yes, that's true.

Unfortunately, there seems to be some points in the license being questionable.

Thanks for your quick response!

Regards, ULFL